This is my personal blog and does not necessarily reflect the collective views of Hard Limits Press

Monday, January 13, 2014

Wereaxolotls!

One of the things I want to do with this new urban fantasy book I'm working on is include a lot of atypical therianthropes. I'm sure I'll still have some big cats and that sort of thing, but so far I've been working on wereaxolotls and werecapybaras. In light of that I thought I'd give you guys a look at one of the axolotls:

Adeline Rubio answered the door, and even though I’d read and reread her file, the bight pink gill fringes and webbed hands still surprised me. It was one thing to read the word therianthrope on a piece of paper, and another to see the reality in person. Her eyes fixed on me, the shining gold ring around her pupils accentuating her suspicious expression. She drew audible labored breaths, and unbidden sympathy threw me off balance; she hadn’t mastered her shift from axolotl to human, and she was stuck with the worst of both worlds. 

Again, this is rough first draft writing but hopefully it gets you interested about where I'm going with all of this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment